To tip or not to tip? We get asked this question a lot by clients, and we tell them the decision is completely up to them. Here are some questions to ask yourself to help you determine a tip amount.
Tag Archives: St Louis moving
Things To Ask Your Movers
Okay, so you know you are moving. You know what you want to take and when you want it at your new place. Now, it is time to get to really know the people who are handling your most sacred treasures.
How To Properly Pack For Your Move
Do you LOVE to pack? If you are like most people then the answer is probably “no.” Here are some tips to help make it less painful.
Things To Check When Choosing A Mover
Moving can be stressful. You are possibly changing jobs and/or moving to a new city so you are having to learn new things and places.
Happy Thanksgiving from McGuire to our St Louis Moving Customers!
McGuire Moving & Storage would like to extend our gratitude and best wishes to our St Louis moving customers this Thanksgiving holiday. We appreciate your business and the trust you place in us time and time again to deliver and store your goods. It has been our pleasure to serve you.
Much of the country has been blanketed with snow over the last couple of weeks. Today the weather is at it again creating wide-spread delays and travel complications due to a large winter system in the northeast. We hope that if you and your family have to travel this week, that you arrive safe and sound.
From our family at McGuire Moving & Storage to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!
Practice Safety on St Louis Moving Day
In recognition of National Safety Month, we here at McGuire Moving & Storage make it a point to share a message of safety with our St Louis moving customers in June and throughout the year. Last week we shared some tips and resources for packing safely when preparing for your St Louis move. This week we place our safety focus on moving day itself. We want you, your pets, your family and your movers to have a safe and pleasant moving experience.
So you are all packed up, ready to load and move to your new home. Whether you hired movers or are moving yourself, the safety of everyone involved is a top priority. Here is a small checklist to get you thinking about safety on your St Louis moving day:
- Small children and pets-It is best to have someone look after your small children and pets on safety day. Doors will be propped open and people will be moving heavy items out of the home and onto a truck. Children and pets could easily wander outside and possibly get lost. They could also get in the way of heavy dangerous lifting and risk being hurt. They will be safer off the premises in the care of friends or family.
- Keep all walkways and doorways free from obstacles-Periodically check the residence inside and out throughout the moving process. Helpers could trip and fall with heavy items if passageways are not left clear.
- When disassembling furniture-Use the proper tools and place them in a safe place when not in use.
- Be sure to keep a first aid kit handy-This is one thing you do not want to pack and load. Keep one near you through the move day should anyone need it.
- Food and water-Keep hydrated throughout the day and remember to eat for strength and endurance. Water and healthy snacks should be set aside in a tote for a quick grab when you need it.
- Rest-Get plenty of necessary rest the night before your move so you are alert and refreshed.
- Dress for the climate conditions-you may need protective clothing to stay warm, cool or dry. Wear sunscreen and bug repellant if necessary.
- If you are moving yourself-Be sure to have heavy duty gloves to protect your hands while lifting your items. Make sure you have the right moving gear such as handcarts and straps for heavy items.
- Lock up-Check all windows and doors. They should be closed properly and locked to protect the dwelling after you are gone.
This not an inclusive list as every move has its own safety considerations. We just wanted to get you thinking about keeping safe on St Louis moving day. Take some time before you move to think about safety in and around your move, and then make your helpers aware of anything they would need to know to keep everyone safe. Avoid moving accidents. Keep alert and aware on St Louis moving day. McGuire Moving & Storage wish you a safe and pleasant move!
Planning Ahead With Your St Louis Moving Company
So you know you are moving in the next few months. The decision has been made. You have done the sorting and purging and have packed up what you will not be using between now and then in secure labeled boxes. Surely it will get very busy in the last few weeks before your move. But what to do now?
2-3 months out is a great time to wrap your mind around the arrangement of your things in your new space. If possible, obtain a floor plan of your new home and begin taking measurements of your furniture and begin to dream you space. This can also save time on moving day and help your St Louis moving company get you moved in more quickly. A floor plan is a great tool for seeing how it will all fit ahead of time.
This can also be a fun activity for children. If you are moving with a family, they can be part of the planning. This may help everyone feel involved in dreaming the new home space. You can show them their rooms and how their things can be arranged in them. They may want to use colored pencils or crayons and draw their room alongside of you while you work with the floor plan. This can be a fun time to talk about room colors and curtains etc. Giving kids a chance to begin to emotionally connect to their future home through art and dreaming can make the home feel less foreign to them when they do get there because they have invested their vision into the space and have in a way taken ownership of it.
Of course, if you do not have access to a floor plan, then perhaps you can get some basic room measurements from your realtor or future landlord. Taking photos of the space when you are choosing it is a great idea as well. Note where windows and doors are in the home and how to make the best use of natural light in your arrangement. Avoid needing to move heavy furniture later by planning ahead. Let your St Louis moving company handle the heavy weight and place it in the perfect spot.
Also, McGuire Moving & Storage is the St Louis moving company able to provide you with everything you need to plan for your move. Check out our St Louis moving resources page for countless tips on planning your move and preparing for the big day.
Have fun dreaming your new space and do not forget to contact McGuire Moving & Storage with any questions you have regarding your St Louis move.
Honoring Those Who Have Served
To all those who have served and who are currently serving our country, McGuire Moving & Storage would like to say Thank You! We are proud of our Veterans and honor them through our remembrance, support and gratitude today and every day. Your sacrifice is the ultimate sacrifice that protects our freedom and our great nation. Happy Veterans Day!
McGuire Moving & Storage is an agent of Arpin Van Lines. Arpin has had one of the strongest industry reputations for providing the highest quality control and performance standards to the Military and the Government Services Administration, continually having high Customer Service Index (CSI) scores compared to our competition. We proudly serve St Louis moving military families.
McGuire Moving & Storage, as an agent of Arpin Van Lines, recognizes our active and veteran military service men and women by providing veteran discounts on interstate moves. Read more about Arpin Veteran Moving Services Savings Program and contact us about your St Louis moving discount for veterans.
McGuire Moving & Storage honors our military service personnel. You work tirelessly to serve our country and we salute you!