When you’re venturing on the exciting journey of an international relocation, you might be feeling equal parts thrilled and stressed. Although the prospect of moving to a different country brings many incredible possibilities, preparing for the trek to your new home might seem like an insurmountable task.
Fortunately, international relocations can be handled expertly with the assistance of high quality overseas movers. Searching for the ideal international moving company to help you get there? Meet McGuire Moving & Storage, your premier St. Louis moving company for all of your international needs. If you’re interested in finding out why McGuire is the ideal overseas moving company for you, keep reading!
Trusted International Movers in St. Louis
Looking for dependable international movers in St. Louis? McGuire Moving & Storage is the company for you. With over 80 years in the moving industry, we are a family-owned business with a reputation of experience and expertise. We continuously deliver high quality solutions to our customers as they embark on moves of all sizes and distances.
Thanks to our status as an agent for Bekins Van Lines, we can easily facilitate international relocations, making your move feel seamless and stress-free. These global resources empower us to conveniently complete all of our services—packing, pickup, shipping, customs clearance, and delivery—in locations around the globe.
Why Choose McGuire for Your Overseas Move?
Finding the right moving company for your international relocation is a crucial part of the process for best results. Fortunately, McGuire Moving & Storage has exactly what you need for a successful international move. Learn more about why we’re the ideal movers for your relocation!
- Years of Experience: Since 1935, we have been providing the highest caliber moving, packing, and storage solutions to St. Louis and beyond. For our over 80 year history, our company has prioritized customer satisfaction, and we continuously work to raise our own standards and improve our services even further. To the team at McGuire, providing reliable solutions is everything.
- Extensive History of Excellence: When you need an overseas moving company, you want to ensure that your movers can go above and beyond to provide the solutions you’re looking for. McGuire has a history of excellence that has been proven time and time again by our various accomplishments. We are a six-time Angie’s List Super Service Star Award winner, a five-time van line ACES Agent (Agents Committed to Excellent Service) recipient, and St. Louis Magazine’s A-List People’s Choice Award winner.
- Wide Variety of Services: Working with McGuire means that you can expect to have all of your moving needs met all in one place. We offer a comprehensive array of services, including packing, moving, and storage solutions. Our team can tackle all of your relocation goals to ensure your relocation is fully taken care of, and we tailor all of our solutions to your specific circumstances and goals.
- Knowledgeable Staff: At McGuire Moving & Storage, our expert staff is what keeps our company running at 100%. Our highly trained moving professionals have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle all of your questions and concerns with confidence and ease. We’re always happy to address your needs, and we’ll get the job done with a smile!
International Moving FAQs
As you tackle your international move, you’ll undoubtedly have questions about the process. Discover some of the most common frequently asked questions and their answers below!
1. What should I consider when choosing an international moving company?
When choosing an international moving company, it’s important to consider several key aspects. Look for companies that have a solid history of experience with international relocations, as this displays a higher level of expertise and knowledge—a major necessity for overseas moves. Check licenses and credentials, as well as customer reviews and ratings. Once you’ve found a couple companies, be sure to compare them to find the right one for you.
2. How are shipping costs calculated for international moves?
Shipping costs for international relocations are calculated based on the volume of goods, distance traveled, and shipping method (sea freight vs. air freight). These factors are all combined to determine the total cost.
3. How do I pack for an international move?
Packing for an international move requires a significant amount of time to be as organized as possible, so be sure to handle the task in small increments for best results. Utilize sturdy, high-quality boxes to hold your belongings, and use ample amounts of padding and protection to prevent damage in transit. Ensure everything you pack complies with the destination country’s regulations on prohibited items.
4. What documents do I need for international moving?
Although specifics may vary from country to country, the general necessities remain the same. You will need to bring your passport, visa, and work permits; customs forms for your belongings; an inventory list of items being shipped; proof of residency in the destination country; and any relevant permits required by the destination country.
5. Do I need insurance for international moving?
Most international moving companies offer insurance. Ensure your belongings are covered during transit, and check the coverage limits and terms. This is an important consideration to protect your belongings and cover any financial loss.
Simplified Relocations with the Best St. Louis International Movers
With the expert assistance from McGuire Moving & Storage, you can experience the easiest international moving process with optimal results and maximum convenience. Since 1935, we have provided professional solutions for moves of all shapes and sizes, and we continue to improve our services year after year to keep our valued customers satisfied—all at affordable rates.
Interested in discovering more about our services? Request a free in-home estimate online today or call us at (314) 241-0600 to speak to one of our moving agents. McGuire Moving & Storage looks forward to working with you!