People move for many reasons. They move to larger homes to accommodate a growing family. People move so their children can go to the best schools. They move to smaller homes when the family grows up. Some people move because of a job change. Some move when they retire. Others move when they get married. So many life circumstances can necessitate a move. And as many reasons as there are to move, there are countless reasons to investigate where you think you would like to go.
Gathering information about where you might plan to relocate is an important step in ensuring you will land in the best place for you and your family. McGuire Moving & Storage are all about moving. We are dedicated to providing St Louis area movers with support and resources for their St Louis area relocation. We have created a short list of things St Louis area movers might consider when looking for a new community.
- Rural, Suburban, Urban? That’s the big question. Each type of area will be very different. Consider what is most important to you in terms of the type of community you want to live in.
- School system-If you have children or plan to have children, then certainly this consideration would be high on your list. Check out
- Convenience of shopping-For some knowing their favorite stores are right nearby is an important consideration.
- Crime rate-there are plenty of resources on the internet to help you determine how safe a community is.
- Cost of living-This varies from place to place all over the country. You will want to become familiar with what to expect in an area of interest.
- Real-estate values-These too fluctuate greatly from place to place.
- Life-style-What types of activities will you want to enjoy in your new location? You will want to investigate places where you can participate in your favorite hobbies, sports, arts, etc.
- Dog friendly cities/towns-Check out dogfriendly.com for all sorts of dog friendly city information.
We know it is a lot for future St Louis area movers to consider. Here are some great sites where you can get much of the information you will need to narrow down your considerations from above.
Research is the place to start and from there you will surely find your way home. Have fun with your search. These days a lot of mystery can be taken out of the relocation process when you can find so much on the web including photos and reviews and ratings on all kinds of things in communities. So good luck St Louis area movers! McGuire Moving & Storage helps take the stress out of your St Louis area move.